Escritos na varanda

Imagino-me a escrever na varanda, ao fim da tarde, com o Sol a por-se no horizonte e uma bebida gelada ao lado. Como eu nem sequer tenho varanda, tudo isto é ilusão.

domingo, 15 de dezembro de 2013

Baba Yaga


It was a hot summer night. I was laying on the grass facing the infinite sky, full of millions of shining stars.
The earth was still warm from daylight Sun, the bed of herbs and leaves was soft and fluffy, the only sounds were my own breathing, the whisper of the wind on the trees and the hoot of a distant owl.

From time to time a falling star lights up in the celestial dome. Small signs of movement in an Universe that seems static.
Slowly my eyes began to close and I ceased to see the Polar Star, The Milky Way, and all the remaining millions of small dots that garnish the whole sky.


Suddenly a flying mortar appeared and stopped right in from of me. A hand appeared over the edge wielding a pestle and I heard a voice saying:
- I came to take you.
- Where are you taking me?
- To your beloved one.

The simple mention of her removes all the fear from my thoughts. I entered the mortar and we flew across the universe to a distant planet.
It was day, the sky was pink and instead of clouds there were huge flowers hanging from the top. Daylight was so intense I closed my eyes for a moment.

I felt a hand settled on my own hand.
- Baba Yaga, is that you? I asked.
The only answer was a greater grip on my hand.
I opened my eyes and…

She was there by my side, holding my hand and smiling at me.


(fotos tiradas hoje em Mem Martins e Algueirão)